The Ticket Office Manager is responsible for the administration of the ticketing system of the Paramount Theatre, Orchestra Iowa and the Opus Concert Café, including the Tessitura CRM database, online ticketing portal and other required hardware and software.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Management of the Ticket Office staff
- Oversee and guide the performance, updating, use, maintenance of and communication concerning Tessitura, website, network server, scanners, ticket printers and other required hardware and software
- Build shows, series, seasons and educational programs in Tessitura; create price/zone maps; secure holds required for wheelchair, house, artist, media, promoter, fan club and other needs
- Prepare event one-sheeter with pertinent production information for dissemination to staff
- Manage Ticket Office for theatre performances on nights and weekends.
- Ensure ticketing system functionality, including online sales; trouble shoot problems immediately; be on-call for performances, events and emergencies
- Manage marketing activities in Tessitura; create pre-sale and promotional codes for events
- Batch Tessitura-tracked revenue; prepare daily, weekly and post-show ticket reports; extract lists; develop and maintain SOPs
- Serve as liaison with Tessitura, Made Media, Iowa Solutions and other technology vendors
- Coordinate technology training for staff and volunteers
- Perform other duties as assigned by the CEO, Director of Finance, and Marketing Manager
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors degree or equivalent and one to three years experience working for a ticket office
- Must have excellent communication skills and an extreme attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple projects and succeed within fast-paced work environment
- Must be responsible, reliable, able to work weekends and evenings
- Must have diplomacy in handling sensitive and confidential information
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Tessitura (or other CRM database)
- Must be physically fit and able to lift 50lbs, unassisted
- Must have a passion for the performing arts and desire to bring them to Iowa audiences
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with experience. Orchestra Iowa provides great benefits, including medical, dental, vision, short/long-term disability insurance, parking at a downtown parkade, and many others.
To apply, please submit cover letter, resume with salary history and three references via email to email@example.com. No phone calls please.